Skip to main content

Twinkle Toes

    To be a dancer, is something to be very proud of.  It's the ability to express emotions through movement.  Balancing your mind and body through different motions, to create meaning.  It takes pure passion, and willingness to feel and be whatever the movements, and music are depicting.  
    Sorry people, I just needed to let that out.  I have retired my dancing shoes this past year to grasp hold of another dream.  But, I'll never forget anything I've learned, or any of the excitement that dancing gave me.  My dancing career lasted only 9 years, that's a pitiful number compared to many other dancers that have danced 15 and 20+ years.  Seeing dancers perform, is probably one of the finest things a person can do, but to BE one of those dancers... That's a totally different thing. 
    Your one mission is to go out on that stage and tell them a story.  Exposing your very soul to them, so they can feel the raw emotions you're pouring out to them, through sweat, and the pain in your feet.  From ballet flats, to tap shoes, to jazz shoes, to the ever graceful pointe shoe!  Every style has a story that must be told with passion.
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shark Week! Christmas came early!

        "AHHHHH!! SHARK!!!!" This past week has been my favorite of all year.  Better than Christmas, better than Summer Vacation, it was SHARK WEEK PEOPLE!  All year I have waited ever so patiently for this 1 week to come to pass.  So many different species, and so little time.  Y'all, sharks are my favorite animal of all time.  It just saddens my heart when so many fishermen around the world take advantage of the creatures, killing them for their fins, and selling them for thousands of dollars to be made into soup.  But enough on that for now, there is so much the talk about and I just cannot contain myself any longer.       There have been multiple sighting this year, either in passing on a boat, while fishing, and a few were spotted on the beach.  The first sighting was in Massachusetts on June 11th off the coast of Cape Cod.  The shark left the area within an hour, and all the beach goers were allowed...

1st Week of Craziness

   I'm not sure how I didn't think of this before, but I figured that it's been long enough that no one really pays attention to this blog anymore.  My blog is plain and boring and I don't have the time or energy to really make it look as wonderful as some because of my college schedule.  Anyway I'm writing this because I've had a bit of a traumatic experience happening in my life right now, and I guess this is a way that I can keep everyone involved updated about how I'm doing without breaking any rules.     I recently had to take a step back from my boyfriend and my brother because my brother felt that my boyfriend wasn't the one for me.  On this occasion I won't go into the details about how or why this had to happen, instead I'll just give a highlight.  My brother thinks my boyfriend is bad for me because of some things that he has heard from his girlfriend, and because I was stuck fast in the middle between my boyfriend and my brother...

Other Wonderful Places

    Sorry about being so inconsistant with my posts, I'm still trying to get the hang of this whole "Blogging" thing.  Hope y'all keep reading cause one of these days I'll be posting once a week, so as to make it easier on myself and readers.     Anyway, I've forgone the fact that I do have much better writing ability than just this.  I write on another blog with 4 other girls.  It's called "The Incantevole Tales" maybe you've heard of it.  If you have let me know in the comments below.  If you haven't read it and wish to you can see the link in the "my favorite blogs" section.  That blog is a story of a far away place, where Elves, Dwarves, Mermaids, Fairies, Evil kings, Sorceresses, and so much more collide.  But I'll let you read it for yourselves.     All of the girls have their own blogs and you can find them also in my favorite blogs.  These girls are so awesome it's a crime not to follow them.  All of ...